The SR590 server provides many features to simplify serviceability and increase system uptime:
• Offers protection in the event of a non-correctable memory failure with Single Device Data Correction (SDDC, also known as Chipkill, requires x4-based DIMMs), Adaptive Double Device Data Correction (ADDDC, also known as Redundant Bit Steering [RBS], requires x4-based DIMMs and Intel Xeon Gold or Platinum processors), memory mirroring, and memory rank sparing.
Provides easy access to upgrades and serviceable parts (such as processors, memory DIMMs, and adapter cards) with tool-less cover removal.
• Offers affordable data protection with software RAID and Simple Swap drives and advanced hardware RAID data redundancy with hot-swap drives.
• Provides availability for business-critical applications with redundant hot-swap power supplies and redundant hot-swap fans.
• Simplifies servicing, speeds up problem resolution, and helps improve system availability with light path diagnostics.
• Allows preventive actions in advance of possible failure, thereby increasing server uptime and application availability with Proactive Platform Alerts (including PFA and SMART alerts) for processors, voltage regulators, memory, internal storage (SAS/SATA HDDs and SSDs, NVMe SSDs, M.2 storage), fans, power supplies, RAID controllers, and server ambient and sub-component temperatures.
• Continuously monitors system parameters, triggers alerts, and performs recovery actions in case of failure to minimize downtime with Built-in XClarity Controller (XCC).
• Provides quick access to system status, firmware, network, health, and alerts information via Virtual Operator Panel from the XClarity Mobile App running on the Android or iOS mobile device that is connected to the front USB port with XClarity Controller access.
Speeds up troubleshooting tasks to reduce service time with diagnostics built into the XClarity Provisioning Manager.